junior category manager
If you have a Business Degree and experience of working in a commercial environment then this could be the role for you.
We are looking to recruit a Junior Category Manager To support the management of a designated category or a category portfolio and the sustained delivery of optimum Supplier performance to Sodexo and the Clients agreed SLA’s.
This is a career enhancing role ad one that will see you utilise your skills.
- To develop appropriate supplier and customer relationships in line with agreed strategy for a specific category or a category portfolio in a managing agent model.
- Carry out category support activities as directed by line management
- Effective coordination of Category Management activity to ensure delivery of overall team objectives
- Complaints - Effective coordination of the complaints procedures to ensure delivery of overall team objectives
- Relationships - establish and maintain excellent working relationship with the (Client) functional Centres of Excellence; Customers; Suppliers and other relevant external bodies
- Support the management of and report on supplier performance, taking corrective actions where necessary
- Support the on-going performance; commercial and risk management of the portfolio suppliers
- Identification of Continuous Improvement opportunities within the Supply Chain
- Ad hoc Project work as agreed by Line Management
The Ideal Candidate
- Graduate calibre with a desire to undertake Professional Stage CIPS qualification
- Experience of solving problems by delivering solutions in an administrative; customer service; supplier related environment
- Excellent communication skills to enable the development relationships both internally and externally
- Strong commercial acumen with a proven track record in delivering performance
- Understanding of Supplier and Customer Relationship Management tools and techniques and their application
- IT Skills – Good working knowledge of current category platforms as well as standard office platforms, including:
- Word – create and edit documents and reports
- Excel – able to use intermediate data analysis tools
- PowerPoint – intermediate level
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the