Due to continued growth, Sodexo has an exciting opportunity for Works Controller, working as part of the Hard FM team, the Works Controller at the Client’s London site is responsible for ensuring that all works carried out by Sodexo and/or subcontractors within the Client’s London Estate meet the requirements of the Client and Sodexo statutory requirements, Sodexo SSOW & local procedures. Uphold the Clients Life Saving Rules. A large part of this role is to ensure the safety and professional management of all work activities that require a formal Permit to Work or an Authorisation to Work in way of a Work Management Forms
So, if you want to work for an exciting and diverse company, apply today!
- Managing and conducting site inductions.
- Ensure that all requests for work authorisation on the Client’s London sites are managed within the required timescales.
- Issuing of Work Management Forms and Works authorisation forms for all works carried out at the Client’s London sites.
- Liaising with the Site FM teams to ensure that open lines of communication are maintained.
- Ensure hazards and associated control measures are detailed in RAMS by a contractor and that the equipment and correct resources are in place on the day of work,
- Be responsible for spot checks of the work and to ensure the work area is cleared and all hazards removed on completion.
- Ensure that all other tasks associated with the job are confirmed, e.g. access and egress routes, methods of transporting tools and materials etc.
- Ensure that the work performed/supervised is in compliance with the Client’s and Sodexo requirements.
- Actively liaise with site Appointed Persons to ensure high risk activities are adequately planned and managed and the correct permits are completed and submitted.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties in relation to the role as directed by your Line Manager.
NB. The Works Controller will not advise methods of work or control measures for Contractors tasks, the role will only provide information on site standards and highlight known hazards which do not appear to have been captured in the contractors RAMS documentation, with what appears to be, appropriate control measures.
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum of a valid IOSH Managing Safely.
- NEBOSH or Similar is desirable
- Previous experience of managing a wide range of technical activities
- Understands requirements imposed by the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 (HASAWA
- Experience of understanding Risk Assessments and Method Statements and their requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of statutory and mandatory regulations
- Communication skills at all levels within organisations
- Knowledge of the E Permit System is desirable
- Competent in MS Office and standard desktop software
- £competitive salary + benefits
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.