We currently have an opportunity for a Working Cleaning Supervisor to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Responsible for cleaning your own designated working area.
- Direct other cleaning operatives ensuring all areas are cleaned to the required standard.
- Recruit, induct and development of the cleaning team.
- Carry out annual appraisals.
- Conducting weekly team briefs and as well as performance management.
- Responsible for commercial contract compliance through conducting monthly audits and providing monthly updates to the General Service Manager and client on performance.
- Ensure compliance to health and safety legislation to develop a safety conscious culture.
- Establish strong working relationship with client to raise Sodexo’s profile and develop new business opportunities.
- Enforce relevant statutory and company health and safety compliance on site, including maintenance of cleaning equipment.
- Responsible for work allocation to the cleaning team, keeping within the specified detail of the contract, the financial budget and working principles.
- Plan staff rota’s and manages staff hours worked, sickness and annual leave to ensure staff are paid correctly. Report data to line manager on a weekly basis.
- Ensure that cleaning standards are laid down, trained to staff, logged on training record cards and maintained.
- Ensure that the safety signage is used appropriate at all times, e.g. wet floor signs and “warn” customers where possible.
- Control cleaning material stores to an acceptable level, ensuring rotation and safety in storage.
- Order stores as required following Company procedures through nominated suppliers approved by Sodexo.
- Control the issue and usage of cleaning materials.
- Carry out regular control checks to monitor cleaner’s performance and adherence to standards.
- Complete the necessary documentation within the Sodexo framework as required. Carry out regular control checks and record the results on the forms provided.
- Ensure strict supervision of all assets used in conjunction with the cleaning contract.
- Liaise with the Cleaning Operatives to identify training required to implement the standards to facilitate the running of contract and deliver training as required.
- Be aware of the condition of equipment, organise repairs/replacements as appropriate with the General Service Manager. Ensure that all equipment is in safe working order, checked regularly and serviced. Report any faults to management/client, ensure they are rectified and ensure equipment is not used until safe.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all chemicals in use and training in COSHH Regulations.
- Comply with all Sodexo Company policies/procedures and client site rules & regulations.
- Comply with all Company Client policies and statutory regulations relating to Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your work place.
- Cascade the information from the meeting back to the cleaning operatives.
- Deal with lost property, ensuring correct procedures are followed.
- Participate in any necessary training and team meetings as required to complete job responsibilities to the Company and clients standards.
- Communicate well and demonstrate a pleasant, polite, efficient, caring and friendly service to customers and clients in all areas of service, which Sodexo provide.
- Report any customer complaints or compliments and take some remedial action if at all possible.
- Report immediately any incidents of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage or other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate.
- Cover in other areas during periods of holidays and sickness when requested by the General Service Manager.
- Carry out other reasonable tasks as directed by management.
- Assist in contract monitoring and monthly checks.
- Manage & maintain the laundry & linen supply on site and within budget.
- Attend weekly H&D Meeting.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience in leading a cleaning team of more than 10 operatives.
- Build strong relationships with key stake holders.
- Ability to demand cleaning standards are achieved on a daily basis.
- Knowledge to coach & develop our ‘best people’
- Strong industry acumen and knowledge of cleaning services.
- Ability to resolve HR matters quickly & effectively.
- Good understanding of budget management.
- Ability to solved problems and implement corrective actions efficiently.
- Previous experience of working in standards driven/compliance environments.
- Strong knowledge of health and safety with the ability to complete risk assessments & safe systems of work
- Strong knowledge of COSHH regulations.
- Ability to prioritise and deploy resources effectively.
- Previous experience of conducting cleaning audits & presenting findings.
- Knowledge of external cleaning developments and innovations.
A working cleaning supervisor traveling between 3 Doosan Babcock sites in the Grangemouth Area
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support exforces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.