Weekend Helpdesk and Switchboard Operator
At Sodexo, we are always looking to recruit talented individuals and our expert service teams are no exception.
Sodexo Healthcare are currently looking to recruit experienced Weekend Helpdesk and Switchboard Operators to join our ever-growing team in Central London.
As Helpdesk Operator, you will interact with our customers and suppliers ensuring a prompt, professional and efficient service, in terms of initial telephone or e-mail response, accurate recording of requests for service and escalating problems before they become issues.
- Accurately record details of the caller, problem and severity and ensure that Sodexo Management are aware of situations which could develop into issues
- Work within and to both client and Company processes and procedures
- Respond quickly and efficiently to incoming telephone, email and facsimile messages in line with client service levels. Attention to detail when obtaining and inputting information
- Have a clear and professional telephone manner
- Achieve a high degree of customer and supplier satisfaction, applying logic and common sense to requests for assistance, ensuring that identified criteria are escalated in accordance with procedures
- Identify any potential areas of improvement in work processes and provide suggestions and solutions
- Be flexible and adaptable to change
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of providing helpdesk or call centre service, developing productive working relationships with key customers and suppliers
- Good customer service skills
- Basic Understanding of computer hardware, peripherals and applications e.g. networks, shared files and folders, report creation
- Strong keyboard skills
- Ability to work independently, flexibly and professionally – dealing with stressful and changeable situations
- Strong attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Proven IT skills, ability to demonstrate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.