At Sodexo, we are always looking to recruit talented individuals and our expert service teams are no exception.
Sodexo Healthcare are currently looking to recruit experienced Weekend Chef to join our ever-growing team in Central London.
You’ll be responsible for the delivery of high quality customer focussed catering service across the site, to meet the needs of the visitors and staff at this new prestigious London Private clinic near Bond Street.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, and retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).
- Prepare and present meals for patients adhering to the agreed standards set by Sodexo and the Client
- Follow and adhere to all company and legal food hygiene regulations also ensuring team compliance
- Be responsible for compliance on food and H&S regulations set buy the company and legally required
- Ensure that stock levels, wastage and labour are effectively managed
- Ensure that special dietary requirements are provided for
- Establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with individuals at all levels within the Company and the Client organisation
- Be responsible for visual audits and ensuring maintenance takes place of all equipment associated with all aspects of the Catering Services
- Pro-actively look to recommend improvements to your work processes by providing suggestions and solutions
The Ideal Candidate
- City & Guilds 706 Levels 1&2 or NVQ equivalent qualification
- Proven experience of leading a team within a comparable service environment
- Proven experience of managing to budget requirements within a catering service
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors, colleagues, clients
- Ability to work independently, flexibly and professionally – dealing with stressful and changeable situations
- Experience of delivering relevant training, using company guidelines
- Understanding of relevant Health and Safety, Employment and other legislative requirements
- Strong attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Proven IT skills, ability to demonstrate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to deal with stressful situations with a flexible approach to the role
- IOSH qualification
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
17 hours per week - Saturday and Sunday only – 07:00 – 16:00
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.