We currently have an opportunity for a Waste Operative to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Collect general, plastic, cardboard waste bins and bales from across site daily
- Collect other waste from site and deliver to recycling area
- Arrange waste removal off site with nominated supplier
- Ensure waste is correctly baled, compacted or packaged as required
- Correctly store waste in line with regulatory guidelines
- Ensure all required documents are completed and filed for each collection / delivery
- Ensure all relevant documentation is filed and retained as required
- Ensure all equipment is kept in a safe working order
- Segregate and store all waste into its correct storage container
- Ensure all work areas are maintained in a clean and tidy manner
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Fork Lift Truck Licence
- Organizational skills
- Good IT Skills
- Ability to comply with service requirements in line with client and company policies
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.