We currently have an opportunity for a trainee audio visual technician to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Perform daily room checks to ensure the audio visual equipment in the meeting rooms and executive offices are tested, clean and in correct working order at all times.
- Work hours 7.30 to 15.30
- Operation and setup of audio visual equipment as requested by AV Services Manager
- Delivery of corporate presentations and live events as requested by the AV Services Manger
- Briefing of clients in the correct operation of audio visual equipment required for their event.
- Communication of any defects and foreseeable problems to the AV Services Manager at the earliest opportunity
- Communication of any technology failures or issues experienced during corporate presentations to the AV Services Manager at the earliest opportunity
- Communication of any temporary solution to the AV Services Manager
- The de-rigging and storage of any mobile audio-visual equipment upon completion of events
- First line fault-finding on audio-visual equipment
- Ensure that spare equipment is maintained in a serviceable state.
- To be smartly presented at all times when on site
- Good time keeping
- Flexible working
- Admin duty’s. This includes liaising with 3rd party suppliers
- The ability to take on-board instructions and to follow them through competently
- Ability to handle feedback in a calm, structured and professional manner.
- Carrying out first line maintenance during non-presentation time.
- Presentation spaces and daily working area is kept clean, tidy and safe at all times
- Communicate effectively with all team members
- Ensure all business users are handled in a polite & courteous manner
- To listen to business user remarks and ensure that the correct actions are taken and followed up
- To show flexibility within the role and be prepared to assist when necessary
- To comply with all Health, Safety and Environmental procedures including COSHH, manual handling, risk assessments and fire regulations
- Report any non-conformances of the above in the appropriate and timely manner
- Ensure the legal & company requirements for fire, health, safety & hygiene are met and bring to the attention of your line manager any areas of training you feel you need or have missed
The Ideal Candidate
- A high level of customer services in prestigious environments.
- Experience with focusing on individual customer requirements and care whilst meeting required service levels.
- Attention to detail
- A keen interest in AV & Network technology
- Some knowledge of IT Networking
- Some knowledge of AV terminations
- Trustworthy and enthusiastic
- A strong desire to learn
- A neat and organised approach with a pride in the finish
- A positive attitude in challenging situations
- Highly personable, able to form good relationships with co-workers, clients and external suppliers
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.