We are now looking for a Training Coordinator to proactively support the team at Ascot Racecourse with the administration and delivery of the Ascot Academy Training programme for casual team members across the operation with a specific focus on Boxes and Fine Dining. You will be supporting the Head of People Operations and Service Excellence Manager in the development and delivery of training initiatives to support with service excellence ensuring we meet the high standards expected by our Client.
Our heritage is built on catering and hospitality experience and fuelled by our passion for exceptional food and service. For over 40 years we have been providing bespoke catering and hospitality services for sports stadia, racecourses, visitor, attractions, historic venues, major events and premium airline lounges. Recognised across the globe for hospitality, we help create exceptional moments at extraordinary events such as Royal Ascot, Tour de France, The Open Championship, RHS Chelsea Flower Show and the Rugby World Cup.
This varied role is part of the Staffing team we have onsite at Ascot. You will be involved in supporting with the delivery and administration of the Ascot Academy Training Programme for our casual teams, along with maintaining and updating our E-Learning system. You will on-boarding new starters and supporting the Service Excellence Manager, this will involve:-
- Manage and monitor feedback on our casual staff
- To support the training of staff during race days and events i.e. training on tills, customer service, and hospitality service as per company and unit policy
- To monitor and compile all training documentation and paperwork
- Conduct regular uniform and standard checks during race days
- To conduct spot checks on staff during race days to ensure that team members on site have sufficient knowledge and skill level
- Create documents such as newsletters and team briefs to update and engage casual teams and keep them informed about activities on site
- Manage social media platforms to engage with casual teams including the Be More Than a Spectator Website
- Develop documentation and collateral to support the Boxes and Fine Dining teams to support service excellence objectives
You will also work closely with our staffing team through the support of recruitment days and assessment centres and communicate with employees regarding important information relating to race days and events.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for confident, passionate people that care about Service Excellence. To be successful in this role you will need to be highly organised, comfortable speaking to groups of people and have good administration skills. Applicants that have experience in hospitality will be preferred, especially within a customer facing position. This role will require working some weekends and evenings, especially during the busy racing season.
Up to £22,000 + Benefits