Test Consultant (IS&T QA)
As Test Consultant, you'll provide test consultancy style support to IS&T projects, development teams and third party vendors, ensuring an effective quality assurance process is developed in the organization, a common approach is adopted and tailored, and good practice is distilled and shared.
IS&T based in Salford Quays/Media City is a Service Operations platform.
Service Operations is the part of our business that supports segment development by providing expertise and process standardisation across all segments. Service Operations leverages our global expertise and best practice to bring the best of Sodexo to all of our clients. It includes everything from FM expertise to food development through to bid support, health and safety, and contract design and management
- Champions QA Policies and Processes, testing best practice, monitoring performance, agreeing test process improvements with the IT QA Manager and ensuring processes and templates are maintained in line with industry best practice.
- Working with IT Project Managers and IT Development Teams to establish testing requirements and to ensure product testing is carried out within budget and established procedures.
- Overseeing the use and management of test tools including HP ALM, Quick Test Pro (QTP) and Performance Centre. Creates and co-ordinates regression packs, test kit as necessary.
- Communicating full test coverage and supports risk based decisions.
- Designing testing scripts and adapts testing scripts from source manufacturers.
- Providing accurate test estimates and Projects are delivered into production with no significant issues or defects.
- Acting as a Testing Tools Expert, to provide technical leadership, coaching and mentoring on all testing tools.
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge of testing methodology and tools, ideally in a SAP environment, however, this SAP is not essential
- Excellent communication skills (oral / writing)
- Strong analytical approach with attention to detail
- Familiar with relevant programming languages, localisation tools, and technologies, in addition to being an authority on the testing process and application functionality.
- Resilient with strong project management, organisational, influencing and leadership skills
- Experience of Agile Methodology would be beneficial
Competitive Salary Band B Benefits including 23 days holiday, (plus statutory), pension, bonus, flexible benefits scheme where you are able to tailor your additional benefits such as Healthcare, Dental Plan etc to suit your personal needs.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster
About the Company
Sodexo UK & Ireland employs around 36,000 people and delivers On-site Service Solutions to clients at over 2,300 locations including offices, hospitals, schools, defence sites, prisons, sporting events and visitor attractions. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, Sodexo delivers a diverse range of services from catering, cleaning, reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the âideal candidateâ on the vacancy advertised, are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.