Technician and Handyman
We currently have an opportunity for a Facilities Technician/Technician to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Working as part of a team to provide planned and reactive maintenance services for the site
- Keep appropriate records and up-date PPM plans
- Deal with resident enquiries
- Handle post and parcel collections
- To follow arrival and departure procedures
- Face to face contact with students and members of the public
- Attend any necessary training courses
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Maintenance/Technician skills
- Flexibility and adaptability
- The ability to be proactive and identify any areas of improvement and bring these to the attention of line manager
We are seeking a Technician/Handyman to support our accommodation team in providing maintenance/handyman services to the property in a timely and safe manner.
The hours are 40 per week on a rota basis working between 7.00 a.m. and 7.00 p.m. with occasional weekends.
To undertake repairs within the skills boundaries set by the Manager in a good working order.
Recognise the residents need for confientiality and respect residents belongings while working in the property.
Oversee the work of contracted staff while on site.
Work in a safe manner using PPE as requested and use chemicals, equipment etc. as directed.
Maintain a vigilant presence while working. Attend fire alarms, call on assistance for emergency services as requred.
Manage workload and maintain records.
Attend nominated training courses both in-house and external to meet the needs of the post.
COSHH regulations to be adhered to.
Excellent customer care skills.
About the Company
Sodexo is committed tosafeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roleswill require applicants toundergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland). In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.