Technical Support Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Support Engineer for a prestigious pharmaceutical site in Cheshire.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Engineering Technician looking for career progression, a graduate who has completed a sandwich course or has relevant work experience, or someone who has a mechanical or electrical engineering background; who has a good attitude and a willingness to learn. (All applicants will be considered).
The role of the Technical Support Engineer is to provide key aspects of technical support in the following areas: Maintenance and associated conversion cost, Equipment Availability and Product Output, Continuous Improvements, Customer Service, People & Asset Development.
You will be required to lead and manage specific best practice engineering related activities in line with IFM service delivery.
- Responsible for supporting, leading and working within teams so to deliver initiatives in line with the Sodexo vision and associated strategy
- Provide engineering technical guidance and coaching within both Zonal and wider teams
- Task management of work allocation, overseeing of work activities for all disciplines (Compliance, quality, cost and time through the use of leadership techniques)
- Evaluate, monitor and identify equipment availability
- Act as Facilities Management representative for zonal project works
- Support Zonal energy saving initiatives.
- Assist the Zonal manager with regulatory inspection readiness, audit support and delivery
- Support compliance with agreed standards of HSE/GxP, and other statutory and regulatory requirements
- Continuous Improvement, KPI management and sustainable life cycle management
- Support development, strategy and actively contribute to engineering improvements
- Management of several different projects/tasks/activities simultaneously
- Engage and build effective relationships with customers and Sodexo teams, developing an understanding of priorities and specific needs
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge of technical processes or soft service processes, with the ability to transfer skills across both technical and soft disciplines
An appreciation of risk management and HSE
Good understanding of engineering procedures and relevant standards
Flexible and adaptable approach to problem solving
Knowledge of BMS and PC systems
Technical and /or maintenance management
Engineering related qualification (BEng, BSc etc)
Professional accreditation with a recognised European accrediting body eg:- (IET, IMechE)
IOSH working safely
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process