We currently have an opportunity for a Technical Supervisor to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
• Accountable for hard service delivery for all aspects Sodexo activity in the area, interaction with local customers to ensure high level of customer satisfaction and service delivery improvement initiatives.
• Ownership of all documents relevant to inspection readiness, e.g. expert packages.
• Accountable for all engineering and SHE compliance in the area. Working with the technicians to ensure local SHE tours, job freeze audits, SHE / GMP investigations and SSOW audits are in place and completed.
• Responsible for building management SHE activities, such as fire safety systems, SSOW, BOSHE, environmental risk assessments and accurate asset information.
• To support the implementation of maintenance best practice techniques in their area, including maintenance excellence processes.
• To be knowledgeable and able to deliver local business continuity plans.
• To implement site service or process improvement initiatives, such as asset life cycle management.
• Supervise a team of technicians, ensuring performance management and the correct capabilities are available within the team.
• Understand and assist with the local change control procedures.
• The role holder will be expected to respond to emergency calls
• The role holder will help to develop the delivery of the energy improvement plan for their area.
• Own any local engineering risk assessments and SOP’s
• Work closely with the IFM Planner and Co-ordinator to produce the weekly plan for all Sodexo services in the area.
• Support the area asset improvement plan.
• To ensure continuous improvement of the service through techniques such as RCA’s, PDR’s, lean processes.
• Ensure correct use of SAP and Prime systems.
The Ideal Candidate
• A highly customer focused individual, motivating and driving performance in teams to deliver high standards of service and cost effectiveness.
• Capability of leading multi-functional technician teams in a regulated environment where asset performance is a business critical requirement
• The role holder will have a well-developed knowledge of maintenance processes, and the application of best practices and the effective deployment of maintenance strategies in technically complex customer environments
• Experience of integrated risk management and the methods employed to manage engineering risks, hazards and controls.
• Full understanding of H&S and other regulatory obligations applicable to asset management
• The role holder will have a sound grasp of all the services delivered by FM and will understand their impact on their customers
• To have developed from a technician/HNC background supported by substantial experience of similar roles and/or a member of professional FM and/or engineering organisations e.g. BIFM, IMechE, etc.
• The role holder will have an understanding of the range of customer business operations across AstraZeneca, and will understand the operating model of the AZ business.
• The role holder will have a strong technical background, with knowledge of the engineering principles and practices utilised across the lifecycle of asset and facilities design and utility operations
• Recognised expertise and competence in defined areas of functional engineering
• Professionally accredited engineer, Chartered or equivalent with a recognised European accrediting body
We are looking for an experienced, hands on supervisor to work with our current on site support team.
Preferred candidates would have an engineering background with experience of working with and producing work permits and sub contract management. Knowledge and experience L8 legislation and water testing.
Knowledge of air conditioning systems and F Gas compliance would be advantageous.
About the Company
Sodexo UK & Ireland employs around 36,000 people and delivers On-site Service Solutions to clients at over 2,300 locations including offices, hospitals, schools, defence sites, prisons, sporting events and visitor attractions.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, Sodexo delivers a diverse range of services from catering, cleaning, reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling clients to focus on their core business.