Technical Services Manager (Hard FM/Engineering)
This is a fantastic opportunity to further your technical services career. We require an experienced Hard Services Manager to oversee the delivery of engineering services across 4 schools that form our Merton Schools PFI contract. This is an excellent opportunity to showcase your technical knowledge and develop within a growing IFM business.
Find out our Careers in Schools
- Act as the interface between the client and Contract Director, ensuring the efficient and compliant delivery of hard services on site.
- Oversee the day to day management of the maintenance and operation of the technical services on site, including electrical, plumbing, carpentry and general maintenance
- Lead and develop a team of 8 inc 4 Maintenance Operatives and 4 Site Supervisors plus sub contractors.
- Deliver operational excellence across all Sodexo services
- Management of the operational procedures and maintenance activities ensuring that all Statutory and Non Statutory planned activities are undertaken within agreed timescales
- Ensure that corrective maintenance and reactive works are carried out within the priority timescales
- Ensure that work is carried out in accordance with legislation, codes of practice, manufacturer’s recommendations, HSE recommendations and meets prescribed standards in the contract
- To formulate, develop and implement systems that will ensure the schools are maintained and operated to their optimum efficiency
- Ensure the highest levels of Health and Safety are achieved across the site
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrable technical experience and/or qualification in building services
- Experience of leading a similar skilled team in a multi-disciplined environment
- Technical/Engineering background, with proven track record on established maintenance practices such as CAFM driven process, HVAC, electrical/gas compliance
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with ability to work with very senior client figures
- Broad commercial experience and business acumen and knowledge of external industry developments
- Experienced in implementing company initiatives and change management
Plus flexible benefits fund
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.