HMP Bronzefield are currently recruiting for an IT Technician on a 12 months fixed term contract.
You will provide assistance using various networks, CCTV, alarm and cell call systems while working with the Technical Operations Engineer and Technical Operations Manageer to identify problems, find workarounds and permanent solutions.
HMP/YOI Bronzefield is a closed local prison serving courts across the South of England. Our mission is to deliver quality of life services which make a meaningful difference to women in the criminal justice system by supporting them to change their lives for the better. To achieve this we focus on providing needs-based services and programmes to rehabilitate and improve the well-being of our women.
We house up to 572 women (approximately 14.5% of the national female prison population). The women in our custody have a diverse and complex set of needs and range from mothers and babies, young offenders, life and long term sentenced women, short to mid-term sentenced women, foreign nationals and women on remand.
We have been awarded a bronze accreditation by Investors in People for our commitment to our staff, their development, engagement and investment in a sustainable future.
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
- Completion of daily checks.
- Competition of daily tool checks and supporting documentation
- Logging of all calls.
- Processing of basic change requests e.g. new user setup, file/folder access, leaver forms
- Checking and release of emails through MailMarshal
- Escorting of 3rd party contractors
- Production of FAQ guides for all supported systems
- Ownership of the ordering process for the site. Raising and tracking POs, placing orders, taking delivery of orders, completion of GRN forms and resolution of any issues with orders
- Installation of new equipment, Fax’s, phones, scanners, printers.
- General housekeeping e.g. Stock taking and control, ensuring the IT office is maintained to an acceptable standard reducing negating any health and safety risks.
- Completion of the Quarterly security group audit
The Ideal Candidate
- First-rate knowledge/familiarity with MS Office (2010, 2013, 2016 and office 365)
- Excellent knowledge of Windows 7 & Windows 10
- Previous experience in a First Line Systems support or similar IT role would be advantageous
- Ability to work individually or as part of a pro-active team.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Able to obtain SC clearance & Disclosure Scotland
- Ability to work outside normal office hours as dictated by projects/incidents
£21,432.75 annum + London weighting (recurring monthly)
37.5 hours per week - 12 months fixed term contract
Excellent benefits including season ticket loans, free meals, free parking, subsidised gym membership, group discount schemes, pension and 28 days holiday including bank holidays.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying ;for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 3 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.