Team Manager - Advertised on behalf of South Yorkshire CRC
South Yorkshire CRC are currently recruiting for a Team Manager, the roles will be based in Sheffield however, you will be required to travel throughout South Yorkshire.
You will be required to manage the activity of a dispersed and mobile staff team to ensure quality services are delivered and performance and contractual targets met within a resource allocation framework. You will work in partnership with other agencies and local stakeholders to ensure co-ordinated service delivery and the positive achievements and outcomes for service users.
- Deliver the objectives of the Annual Business and Equality plans at a local level and confirm with contract requirements
- Provide line management for locally based Responsible Officers and Senior Responsible Officer.
- Monitor and manage staff workload and performance
- Provide oversight and quality assurance of practice to ensure public protection and reduction in reoffending
- Ensure that all team resources are deployed effectively in accordance with the resource allocation framework
- Implement SYCRC and Sodexo policies and practice directions
- Engage with local partnerships, ensuring full consideration of the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- Engage with the central hub, local supply chain delivery and the NPS as required to ensure co-ordinated services and effective risk management
- Provide Health and Safety, Human Resources and Payroll support to employees and liaise with the People Centre within Sodexo to ensure all records are correct and in line with local targets
The Ideal Candidate
You will need to demonstrate excellent communication and organisational skills, sound judgement, an ability to resolve complex problems and a commitment to valuing diversity and achieving equality. We are particularly keen to hear from you if you have strong leadership and team building skills. You will need to demonstrate full understanding of probation practice, risk assessment and the associated operational management requirements.
Starting salary band 5
37 hours per week, 27 days holiday + 8 bank holidays, defined contribution pension scheme, company sick pay, group discount scheme
About the Company
The role of South Yorkshire CRC is to rehabilitate offenders, reduce reoffending and protect the public and we are one of six CRCs operated by Sodexo Justice Services in the UK. We work with offenders both in the community and in custody to deliver the sentence of the court, to rehabilitate them and to provide a range of programmes and interventions to turn their lives around. We deliver effective offender management and rehabilitation services to low and medium risk offenders and our highly skilled staff work in a range of disciplines to make a real difference. Our aim is to create a better future for the people we work with - offenders, victims and their families and local communities. We are proud to have strong relationships with other criminal justice agencies, local authorities, health trusts, employment and training providers, and work with contracted partners to enhance delivery to our service users.
We serve the counties from the 4 major towns: Sheffield, Barnsley, Rotherham, Doncaster. South Yorkshire CRC is an Equal Opportunities employer. All applicants are considered on the basis of suitability for the post, irrespective of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age or religion.