Team Leader - Catering
We currently have an opportunity for a Team Leader - Catering to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To ensure that all chilled foods are ready for Break services and staff are ready at till points.
- To complete the Front of House checklists and to be fully prepared for the meal Services.
- To arrange staff rotas as appropriate to the Shift.
- To ensure the premises are left hygienically clean and tidy at the end of the shift.
- If staff have completed tasks prior to the end of shift then they should be given cleaning tasks to do until the end of their shift.
- To ensure that any staff shortages are covered i.e.. holidays / sickness by liaison with the Catering Manager.
- To support the Catering Manager in the recruitment, selection and induction of new staff.
- To complete all Legal training with Staff on their Shift and ensure training record cards are signed off.
- To ensure the Sales control sheets are completed accurately and investigate any discrepancies as necessary.
- To support the Catering Manager in ensuring the Fire procedure is carried out correctly.
- At the end of the shift to ensure the locking up procedure is completed correctly when necessary.
- To liaise closely with the Head Chef/Kitchen Shift Leader on a daily basis regarding menus and portion sizes.
- To attend any training courses and meetings as requested by the Catering manager.
- To report any customer or client comments or complaints to the Catering Manager or the Food Quality and Production Manager.
- To carry out any reasonable request from any member of the Management team.
- To assist in any out of hours Special Functions as requested by the Catering Manager.
The Ideal Candidate
- Work as a team player
- Ability to organise oneself and the catering team
- Prioritise tasks and maintain standards in the event of absences
- Has confidence to ask/ discuss difficulties with Shift Chef Leader as challenging situations arise
- Identifies and rectifies problems as they occur
- Communicates potential problems
- Knowledge of another source of contact if problems arise that are beyond control
- Ability to write in English to ‘good’ standard ie. above basic level
- Exhibits characteristics of Service Spirit, Team Spirit and Progress Spirit
- Good interpersonal skills enabling good relations with customers, colleagues and clients
- Ability to follow Sodexo internal procedures – following training
- Good communication skills
- Enthusiasm for the service industry
- Enthusiasm and willingness to accept additional training
- Willingness to receive, understand and implement training given
- Ability to operate a range of machinery in a safe and competent manner and confidence to train new starters on correct use
- Willingness to accept training on other machinery
- Willingness to accept DLS policy
- Physically able to carry out the role including manual handling
- A desire to improve skill base and a wish to progress
- Forward planning
- Willingness to be flexible as job tasks dictate
- Ability to assist the catering operatives with duties if required
About the Company
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.