Systems and Analytical Support Technician
We currently have an opportunity for a Systems and Analytical Support Technician to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- General maintenance of all systems covered in SLA agreements to include rebooting of PC’s, deletion of old processed data, system start ups and preparation, first fix troubleshooting (with appropriate escalation to LIS as required)
- Preparation & supply of reagents, mobile phases & other solvents for HPLC’s and other analytical systems
- Preparation of QC standards and assay samples
- Running test samples on HPLC, LCMS, MDAP & Flash Chromatography systems
- To carry out lab automation support tasks
- Handling of solvents and hazardous chemicals
- To carry out Liquid Nitrogen fills for NMR systems & x-ray crystallography cryostats
- Ordering and maintenance of reagents and laboratory stocks
- To ensure safe operation of any equipment used (e.g., HPLC and other LC systems, Flash Chromatography systems, Mach Aires, pressure vessels & dewars, pH meters)
- Accurate reporting of all information including use of LIMS
- To operate to approved quality standards (e.g., GLP/GMP)
- Maintain QA systems by keeping accurate records of work undertaken, methods used and results achieved
- Ensure compliance with all relevant working instructions, SOPs and safety instructions
- To be responsible for maintaining a tidy and efficient laboratory environment
- To adhere to all company & client policies, procedures, site rules and regulations
- To attend training sessions appertaining to the post and ensure this training is documented in personal training file
- To perform any other reasonable tasks as requested by the line manager
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum qualification GCSE or equivalent grades A-C in a science subject, Maths &
- Qualified to ‘A’ level/HND in a science subject
- Ability to work supportively as part of a team
- Ability to work on own initiative within the bounds of local procedures
- Ability to follow protocols consistently and to produce accurate records
- Previous experience of working in a laboratory environment would be an advantage
- Computer literate
- Good written and oral communication skills
- The post would suit someone who is organised, self motivated and able to manage a complex workload with dynamic priorities and a range of timescales
About the Company
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.