Surveyor (Building Asset/Hard FM)
As a Surveyor you will assess the condition and remaining useful life of all building assets to inform the lifecycle plan such that the operation of our client’s large portfolio of properties has minimal risk and a predictable performance. This role is broader than traditional surveying as it is to assess the remaining useful life of assets.
The role will involve traveling in your region and will allow flexibility to work from home.
We are proud to have been awarded an exciting new Government contract with a large scale property portfolio and are seeking facilities management professionals, ideally with managing agent/integrator model experience You'll also support the transformation and change management this new contract will bring, working alongside a dedicated team for the business segment
Our wealth of experience means we are able to transfer best practices from the corporate sector to create better working environments in the public sector. We bring services that increase employee engagement, wellbeing and productivity to the public sector to help support government to deliver on its promised outcomes while reducing costs.
Our goal is to improve service outcomes and reduce overall costs to the taxpayer.
As a Surveyor your responsibilities will include:
- Providing high quality data in a timely manner to the asset management team
- Ensuring all Health and safety requirements are met and stakeholders/site representatives are fully informed of activity
- Collecting asset data and attributes at a range of client properties to ensure asset register is up to date.
- Assessing condition and remaining useful life of assets.
- Assessment of statutory certification in relation to assets on site
- Assessing the functional suitability of assets; the operational needs of the asset compared to the design criteria.
- Collecting data as required to inform subsequent activities such as lifecycle planning, quantity surveying, project management, energy and sustainability projects etc.
- Assessing dilapidation requirements
- Your safety and the safety of others at all times when carrying out your duties
- Attending site briefing prior to work commencement as required and liaison with relevant personnel as part of your duties
- Immediately notifying the site representative of any Health and Safety issues encountered or observed to reduce the likelihood of an incident
- Being a technical representative for all assets within the portfolio
- Contributing to lifecycle planning meetings and asset failure investigations
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role you will ideally have:
- Knowledge of Mechanical, electrical & building fabric assets and their associated attributes
- Knowledge of building services installation and maintenance
- Knowledge of legislative requirements in respect of buildings and assets
- Experience within a property environment
- Understanding of quantity surveying
- Understanding of energy and sustainability requirements, technologies and impacts on assets
- Understanding of dilapidations
Competitive salary of £ £39,100 to £48,300 + benefits
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs which includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave to name but a few.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.