Strategic Analysis Manager/Head of Strategic Analysis (Government/Public sector focus)
As Head of Strategic Analysis you'll be responsible for the provision of strategic analysis and recommendations directly for the Global Government Senior Leadership team, and you'll beactively involved in and provide an input into the global segments strategic planning process for our Global Government segment,abusiness that currently operates in seven countries.
The analysis and insight provided assists in and influences business development and developing business strategy at the highest level
Everywhere in the world, governments and associated agencies are seeking solutions for greater efficiency while reducing costs. With this goal in mind, Sodexo designs, builds and provides services to prevent re-offending and encourage inmate rehabilitation through our Justice Services segment. We also provide logistical and soft services support to the armed forces so that they can focus on their core activity through our Defence segment. We also operate in both central and local government and associated agencies, our wealth of experience means we are able to transfer best practices from the corporate sector to create better working environments in the public sector through our Government Services segment.
- Responsible for identifying and assessing key white space opportunities for the Global Government segment, putting forward recommendations and presenting the conclusions to the leadership team for consideration
- Responsible for the detailed design, delivery and project management of a wide range of insightful and strategic research and analysis projects for the Global Government Senior leadership team to support key bids and gain a wider understanding of existing and new markets (including detailed market sizing and market share analysis), as well as enhance knowledge of key competitors in each of our markets.
- Regular one-to-one meetings with Global Government leadership and other senior management personnel (e.g. Global Director of Business Development for Justice) to ensure I am aware of their key and current priorities and to find out how best I can support them.
- Responsible for delivering briefings at Execmeetings on competitor/ market analysis.
- Acts as a senior representative for the Global Government segment in group wide initiatives and forums e.g. attendance at the Big Data conference, and member of Group-wide Market & Competition network.
- Input into the development of our Global segments strategic plan, challenging the financial and market sizing assumptions submitted by the different government regions and helping define our global segments future short, medium and long-term strategy.
- Management of the delivery of competitor/ market monitoring and production / circulation of government related newsletters to ensure the content remains useful, timely and informative to ensure our global segments primary decision makers are kept up to date on key and current issues
- Responsible for defining and updating the global government segmentation and key account attributes, with input from the Global Government leadership team, and in collaboration with the Global CRM team. This involves liaising with key stakeholders around the business, including the Global CRM team and Global government employees, to drive continuous improvement in the way we collectively capture information and in support of our digital transformation.
- Manages the Strategy Research Analyst, as well as providing guidance, direction and support to the Senior Strategic Planning Manager based in NORAM to ensure both a high level of engagement and a high quality of work.
- Responsible for the design, development and lead on creating and deploying innovative, new and auditable methodologies for all research and analysis projects undertaken, with these methodologies being shared and used by senior Sodexo employees in other countries (e.g. Global Strategy SVP, Sports and Leisure) for their own analytical projects and leading to a greater understanding of their own markets.
*Please see Job Description attached for full details
The Ideal Candidate
- Advanced analytical skills and the ability to problem solve, with experience of putting forward actionable recommendations to senior management based on this analysis.
- Ability to think strategically
- Good presentation skills
- Detailed knowledge of PPT, with experience of creating strategy presentations for Senior Management
- Advanced research skills
- Proven editorial skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, verbally and in writing, with all levels of staff, including leadership members and Group level executives.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Experience of project management.
- Leadership/team management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Dynamic, adaptableand flexible approach according to business needs
- Self aware with emotional intelligence
- Understanding of Government ways of working and the Political landscape
- Public sector background
- Experience of working within Government
- Hard and/or soft facilities managementbackground.
Competitive salary+ benefits including car/car allowance, bonus, pension, flexible benefits scheme
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs whichincludes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave to name but a few.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promotingdiscounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster.
About the Company
Founded in 1966 by Pierre Bellon in Marseilles, France, Sodexo is now the worldwide leader in Quality of Life services. For over 50 years, we have developed unique expertise, backed by nearly 420,000 employees in 80 countries across the globe.
In combining the diverse talents of our teams, Sodexo is the only company to integrate a complete offer of innovative services, based on over 100 professions. We develop, manage and deliver a unique array of On-site Services, Benefits & Rewards Services and Personal and Home Services for all our clients to improve the Quality of Life.
Our experiences with our over 75 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performanceevery day.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.