Stock Room Assistant
We currently have an opportunity for aStock Room Assistantto join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Delivery of Stock from the Stock room to the Costa Outlets
- Completing reports and paperwork within an agreed timescale and show positive financial performance
- Pass Subway and Sodexo audits
- Pull and transfer weekly stock movement, attach labels and seal boxes.
- Spacing, condense and tidy stockroom and check through for missing/wrong stock
- Delivery, display stock, loads onto system.
- To be knowledgeable of all product lines.
- To be aware of current promotions and publicity.
- To assist in layout of stock in internal displays as directed.
- To inform management of stock shortages and overages.
- To carry out correct returns procedures.
- To maintain a well groomed, neat and tidy appearance in line with company policy.
- To deal with customers in a cheerful, polite and efficient way always considering their satisfaction and good will.
- To maintain high standards within the store.
- To undertake other duties and projects requested by management in order to ensure the smooth running of the Store.
The Ideal Candidate
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Manual Handling knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff at all levels
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to achieve and set standards and operate to performance criteria.
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
- Sense of own initiative
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.