We currently have an opportunity for a Steward to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Service of food and beverages and minor food preparation tasks.
- Cash handling and till operation
- Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene in your area of concern.
- Washing/storage of crockery, cutlery and glassware
- Reporting of defects/deficiencies to the Supervisor/Manager as they occur.
- Cleaning/polishing of dining room; silver, furniture, glassware
- Movement/resetting of dining room and associated areas before/after functions.
- Ensure correct food service standards in accordance with Sodexo Food Safety policy are
- Adhere to all legal and company procedures and policies with an emphasis on food safety, health and safety as well as the companies own service of excellence
- Completion of any reasonable task as detailed by the Supervisor/Manager
- To attend training sessions that are organised by the Supervisor/ Manager.
- To assist in the preparation, lay-up and service of functions as directed by the Supervisor/Manager
- Presenting menus to customers and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request.
The Ideal Candidate
- Possess good customer service skills
- Good communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good understanding of cash handling and till operation
- Smart and well-presented appearance
- Flexible - Hours worked/early shift, late shift, and weekends & work bank holidays including Christmas and New Year
Sodexo colleagues benefit from the following:
Employee Discount Scheme – discounts from over 1200 top retailers
Sodexo Spree Card – prepaid card offering up to 5% cash back
Employee Incentive Scheme – a opportunity to earn additional holiday
Employee Pension scheme
Full training given
About the Company
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.