Specialist Head Chef
If youre an innovative culinary professional who wants to utilise their skills and grow within the business then this could be the role for you.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Specialist Head Chef to lead the kitchen team at a prestigious pharmaceutical contract based in Cambridge.
With excellent leadership and craft skills, you will ensure the efficient preparation of high quality food as per company standards and current legislation.
- Oversee delivery and develop the food offer in all areas of the business through commercial initiatives, innovation and team development.
- Keep on top of high street trends and innovations and delivery appropriate new ideas to site
- Deliver through the team new menus which demonstrate flair and innovation in the food service offer.
- Ensure the prompt and efficient preparation and service in all food areas to the companys standard and to the clients satisfaction.
- Ensure menu agility and be proactive in supporting regular promotional and marketing activities
- Build relationships with key clients and event bookers to ensure food delivery in events is well received
- Deliver pop ups, workshops and client tastings
- To ensure that the budget is met and exceeded and that all company audits & documentation are attained to the required standard.
- Provide the most cost effective catering service that offers the users quality and choice.
- Promote healthy eating, well-being and employee satisfaction.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of developing an innovative food offer to meet client and customer needs
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients and staff at all levels
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Ability to achieve and set standards and operate to performance criteria, with particular regard to hygiene
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- CIEH Level 3 Food Safety qualification
- IOSH Managing Safety qualification
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of delivering training using company guidelines
- Good standard of financial acumen
At Sodexo we are committed to continuing to improve our approach to diversity and inclusion in order to build Sodexos reputation as an employer of choice. As part of our commitment to increasing the diversity of our workforce, we will be piloting a new recruitment process for six months on a selection of our jobs. This process will involve anonymising the CVs of applicants. This means that when our hiring managers receive your CV it will no longer contain any personal information relating to you, only your skills and career history. The profile created by our system for you will be considered rather than your CV. With this in mind please ensure that you complete your application fully.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process