We are looking for a Sous Chef to join our team. This role involved deputising for and assisting the Head Chef in the smooth running of the kitchen, taking particular responsibility for the retail menu compilation and costings, staff training, food production, food service standards, kitchen maintenanceand health and safety.
- To monitor the cooking, chilling and storage of foods, keeping records as required and taking appropriate action where necessary to ensure that we comply with HACCP procedures
- To monitor the quality of food leaving the kitchen and take appropriate action where necessary to ensure guest satisfaction.
- To supervise and train staff throughout the kitchen, taking appropriate action to maintain safe and equitable work levels whilst being sensitive to, and aware of problems and health issues. Bringing them to the attention of the Head Chef if necessary, in order to maintain a disciplined but harmonious working environment.
- To order foodstuffs as required from agreed suppliers and ensure that stock is rotated, labelled and stored in compliance with procedures laid out in the H&S and FS manual so that food safety and quality is maintained.
- To bring to the attention of the Head Chef and deal with maintenance issues so that maintenance dockets can be issued, thereby ensuring that the Kitchen fabric and equipment is kept in a safe, cleanable and fully functional condition.
- To take responsibility for the provision of food to the required standards for the restaurants and banqueting as required, keeping records as appropriate, and liasing with other departments as necessary to ensure guest satisfaction.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in a similar role
- C&G 706/1&2 or NVQ equivalent
- Excellent and innovative Cooking and Hotplate service skills
- HACCP awareness
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills
- Problem solving ability
- The desire and tenacity to adhere to procedures
- Good admin, telephone and IT skills
- A flexible attitude to working hours
- A hunger and passion for good food and the drive to make it happen
Monday - Friday
07:00 - 15:30 some flexability required/given
Excellent training and oppotunities to progress.
About the Company
Sodexo is committed tosafeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roleswill require applicants toundergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.