Site Manager/Supervisor (Maintenance/FM)
We are looking to recruit a Site Manager/Supervisor to manage and maintain building services for a secondary school, overseeing caretaking and cleaning services to ensure the best environment and well maintained building so that students and staff feel safe, secure and comfortable.
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, this is a great opportunity to develop your FM career in a large global organisation.
- Manage caretaking and cleaning services including service outcomes and personnel management for caretaking and cleaning staff.
- Ensure the building is kept secure during the school day and out of hours, electronic alarms are maintained and fully functional , proactive measures taken to prevent trespass
- All statutory and mandatory planned and reactive maintenance tasks along with reporting is carried out in a timely and efficient way and in line with the specification
- Doors / gates/ barriers are unlocked and locked at agreed specified times
- Building functionality is managed and maintained in line with legislative standards, health and safety
- All day to day routine maintenance task / remedial repairs are carried out in a timely and efficient way
- Daily maintenance of the school grounds, playgrounds and sport pitches is managed effectively
- Any out of hours emergencies / burglar alarms / call outs are dealt with promptly and appropriate action taken to rectify and report
- The safe custody and management of keys / passes / access
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in the provision of maintenance and general building tasks.
- Experience / knowledge of maintenance trades ( plumbing / electrical / grounds maintenance / heating (qualification would be an advantage)
- Appreciation and interest in the use of technology, with good IT skills
- An appreciation of legal requirement in a building environment ( e.g fire doors )
- Knowledge of working successfully with regulatory bodies and implementing associated programmes.
- Experience of managing a facilities team
- Experience of managing subcontractors
- Able to prioritise tasks
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.