Service Support Officer - Advertised on behalf of Essex CRC
Essex CRC are currently recruiting for 8 Service Support Officers based in Chelmsford and Harlow to support our succession planning across Essex CRC.
The role of Service Support Officer is integral to the successful and smooth running of the CRC. You will work with a range of colleagues and partners supporting the work of reducing reoffending and providing a service to community teams. You will be responsible for day to day administration on site including use of IT systems, telephone and greeting service users and customers. All post-holders will be required to work some evenings and Saturdays when required on a rota basis
If you want to join an innovative, creative and high performing organisation, we offer challenging and rewarding roles and the opportunity to make a positive contribution to reducing reoffending in Essex. We offer excellent opportunities for personal and professional development and are committed to supportive induction and appraisal.
The role of Essex CRC is to rehabilitate offenders, reduce re-offending and protect the public and we are one of six CRCs operated by Sodexo Justice Services in the UK. We work with offenders both in the community and in custody to deliver the sentence of the court, to rehabilitate them and to provide a range of programmes and interventions to turn their lives around. We deliver effective offender management and rehabilitation services to low and medium risk offenders and our highly skilled staff work in a range of disciplines to make a real difference. Our aim is to create a better future for the people we work with - offenders, victims and their families and local communities.
- Operate a file management service, including opening, recording new files, preparing files for transfer between offices, storage, maintenance and termination.
- Maintain and update contact logs, by inputting and retrieving information as required.
- Contribute to the implementation of breach procedures under the direction of the responsible Offender Manager.
- Manage and maintain office systems, processes and procedures in respect of case administration, including making appointments, tracking review schedule and trigger process.
- Distribute and receive information from the Nation Probation Service, offender management teams, interventions and external organisations as required.
- Retrieve data and statistical information providing management reports as required using computer-based systems.
- Provide general administration support to the business and provide reception duties as required in The Hub and the Local Management Centres based in Harlow, Colchester and Southend.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven admin support experience
- Able to work with confidential information
- Able to work with IT applications (Specifically Microsoft Office)
- Experience of working to deadlines and under pressure
- Flexible approach with a 'can do attitude'
Band 2 salary commencing at £17,417 per annum
To fill immediate vacancies in Chelmsford and Harlow and to support our succession planning across Essex CRC.
8 positions available - 6 full time permanent positions, 1 full time fixed term contract position for 12 months
Interviews will take place on 31st July and 1st August
About the Company
Essex CRC’s purpose is to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life of those under our care and supervision. We do this by supervising adults who are sentenced to Court orders in the community, or who are released from prison on licence. We deliver a wide range of interventions that enable us to deliver Court ordered requirements, reduce reoffending and risk of harm. These include, community payback, accredited programmes, community integration and wraparound services that address criminogenic need.
Essex CRC, Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.