Service Manager (School venue letting space/event coordination)
In this role, you will oversee the out of hour’s usage of venue space across a group of schools. The school venue space is utilised by a number of external customers for sports clubs, army cadet training and group/community meetings etc. You will work with various teams and sub-contractors to ensure an efficient operation and customer satisfaction.
This is a varied role, incorporating sales, event management, customer service, logistics and staffing to coordinate a comprehensive and profitable Community and Extended Use programme at Exeter PFI Schools.
This is an excellent opportunity to enhance a wide skill set and develop within management and would be suited to individuals who are well organised, entrepreneurial, proactive and highly customer focussed.
- Co-ordinate an external letting space operation across 6 schools, ensuring that the space meets the customer requirements
- Coordinate staff to ensure that the venue space is set up according to customer expectation
- Ensure that bookings in liaison with sub-contractors are effectively managed across all Schools.
- In liaison with Kajima Community, promote the school event space to increase sales and community use.
- Build and maintain relationships with community users, teaching staff, Local Authority, PFI staff and other Local Community Bodies associated with the facilities.
- Maintaining customer accounts and handling their enquiries, where necessary. Ensuring that the process of invoicing, collection of payments and credit control run smoothly.
- Assist with the implementation of marketing campaigns as necessary.
- Co-ordination of market research.
- Distribution of publicity material.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience in a similar role, ideally event/meeting venue/lettings coordination/sales
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, professional and entrepreneurial
- An ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with colleagues and customers/service users
- Experience of managing and coordinating high volumes of operational tasks
- An ability to understand and creatively implement, monitor and interpret marketing plans
- A knowledge and experience of managing accounting procedures
- Strategic partnership working at senior level & customer service
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.