Service Development Manager - Hard FM, Technical Services
An exciting new opportunity has become available for a highly experienced technical/engineering professional to join our Government Schools business.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will lead technical service delivery across the UK, ensuring consistency across hard services and providing credible expertise in order to deliver business growth and profitability.
This is a career enhancing opportunity that will enable you to utilise your technical skills and experience within a large organisation.
Travel will mainly be to locations such as Exeter, London, Wales, Ireland and Scotland
- Drive and support the Government Schools business to achieve strategic objectives through organic growth, retention and new contract wins
- Lead the development and deployment of new service offers for both new and existing business, working with central Hard FM teams (Service Operations) and segment marketing colleagues
- Lead the mobilisation of new business/offers to achieve desired results within agreed timescales
- Champion Health, Safety and Environmental initiatives to drive an improvement in our Safety Culture
- Provide the MD and Senior Leadership Team with objective insight into the performance of our business against agreed standards
- Oversight of the delivery of more complex projects and programmes of work
- Monitor and report on compliance
- Drive continuous service delivery improvement
- Matrix manage technical staff across the portfolio providing professional support & ensuring knowledge is up to date
- Be the segment SPOC for Hard FM initiatives, acting as the ‘super user’ for our CAFM system (Maximo)
The Ideal Candidate
- Track record of success in a similar role in a multi-site Hard FM business, ideally in a Schools environment/business
- Proven experienced of developing profitable relationships for multi-site contracts
- Experienced in leading company initiatives and change management processes
- Experience in identifying and selling new business
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent client relationship management
- Experience of working in a standards/compliance environment
- Formal relevant technical qualifications
- Ability & desire to support sales presentations
- Knowledge & experience relating to soft FM and catering
- Broad commercial experience and business acumen and knowledge of external industry developments
- Graduate calibre, chartered engineer, surveyor or builder.
H1 role: Competitive package including a bonus scheme, flexible benefits, company car and a range of corporate incentives.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process