Senior Sous Chef
We are looking for a Senior Sous Chef to join the Sodexo team at Newcastle United Football Club, this role will support the Head Chef and Sous Chef in managing the day to day activities within all aspects of kitchen operations. We are looking for someone who can ensure an excellent standard of food, support team engagement and drive customer satisfaction across the fantastic venue.
Our heritage is built on catering and hospitality experience and fuelled by our passion for exceptional food and service. For over 40 years we have been providing bespoke catering and hospitality services for sports stadia, racecourses, visitor, attractions, historic venues, major events and premium airline lounges. Recognised across the globe for hospitality, we help create exceptional moments at extraordinary events such as Royal Ascot, Tour de France, The Open Championship and RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
For more information on the company see Careers in Sports and Leisure
You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of events, from match days, large events, and corporate hospitality, giving you the variety of working in restaurants to conference and banqueting. This is an exceptional opportunity to work with an experienced team within a flexible environment. In addition, there will be the opportunity to support at our range of events, from The Open Championship to Royal Ascot where our team partner with some of the best names in the culinary world.
This role involves:-
- Supporting the Head Chef and Sous Chef to ensure that all costs and expenditure are within confines of the agreed budget.
- To lead the kitchen operations team in delivering service excellence
- Writing menus and continuously work to develop and improve the food proposition
- To support the Head Chef and Sous Chef to recruit, train and develop, ensuring the continual succession planning of the kitchen operations team.
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrate experience of working in a similar role within the service industry
- Good numerical and communication skills
- Management knowledge of health & safety and food safety
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Travel may be required to undertake training, development and supporting the wider SLT business
- Flexibility on work schedule will be required at times, will be required to work match days ( working 5 days out of 7)
Up to £24,000 + Benefits
About the Company
Our mission is improve the quality of life of Sodexo employees and all those we serve, and contribute to the economic, social and environmental development of the communities, regions and countries in which we operate. We work to improve the well-being of people across the globe through our unique range of expert services and the talent of our teams. As one of the world’s largest employers and a
company of “people at the service of other people,” we are committed to being an employer of choice – providing jobs for our people, as well as training and opportunities for internal promotion to help our employees move up the career ladder.