Senior Sous Chef
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Sous Chef to join our busy team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Assist in the management of food standards and quality across all areas during all stages of food preparation and production
- Work with the Kitchen team in creating and developing new menus
- Ensure that all dishes are prepared, cooked and served to the highest standard at all times in line with menu specifications
- Ensure that methods of food preparation, production, presentation and service comply with Montcalm standards
- Ensure that Kitchen preparation and clear-down procedures are followed on a daily basis
- Ensure a high standard of kitchen cleanliness is maintained at all times
- Ensure good Health & Safety and food hygiene practices are followed at all times
- Ensure minimum wastage occurs within the kitchen, implementing ideas for reducing wastage wherever possible
- Work with the Executive Head Chef in carrying out stock-takes.
- Liaise with the Restaurant Managers to ensure the service provided is of the highest standard
- Receive and act upon customer feedback, both positive and negative
- Assist with the effective management of stock control and portion control.
- Adhere to the Company credit, cash and purchasing policies at all times
- Comply with all Company policies, procedures and statutory regulations, including human resources, health and safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire, COSHH.
- Ensure that all equipment used in the kitchen is in safe working order. Report any faults to the relevant manager, ensuring that they are rectified and that equipment is not used until safe
- Assist in the efficient evacuation of guests and colleagues in the event of an emergencyas directed by the Duty Manager
- Ensure all required health & safety records and procedures are adhered to at all times, including stock rotation and temperature records
- Ensure that personal hygiene standards are maintained at all times
- Assist the Executive Head Chef in the effective management of employee relations
- Provide casual staff with a health & safety and team briefing before their shift
- Assist the Executive Head Chef in ensuring that all accountable staff are adequately trained and skilled to the required level, ensuring that a Standards of Procedure Manual is up to date and available at all times
- Assist the Executive Head Chef in preparing and managing the kitchen rota, ensuring that all shifts are covered in line with business objectives.
- In the absence of the Executive Chef, fully deputise in all relevant areas
The Ideal Candidate
- At least 2 years experience within 4/5 star hotel restaurant & banqueting operations.
- Previous experience at Sous or Jnr Sous Chef level
- Management experience
- Excellent culinary skills
- Hold valid ‘Intermediate Food Hygeine’ certificate
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Basic IT skills with knowledge of word and excel
- High standards of personal presentation
- IOSH Managing Safety certificate
- Good awareness of industry standard
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.