Senior Sandwich Artist
We are currently looking to recruita Senior Sandwich Artists at our SUBWAY retail outlet at Central Manchester Hospital. You will assist the manager in the overall store management of the Subway store, ensuring the prompt and efficient preparation and service of all food, whilst maintaining the cleanliness and hygiene of the Unit.
You will provide an end to end service which includes greeting customers and preparing their orders, using Point of Sale system/cash register to record the orders and compute the amount of the bill and collect payments.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).
- Organise and assist in the preparation and presentation of all food service (participating as necessary) at the required time
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of menu items and explains it to customers accurately. Exhibit a cheerful and helpful manner when dealing with all customers
- Check products in sandwich unit area and restocks items to ensure a sufficient supply throughout the shift
- Understand and adheres to all quality standards, formulas and procedures as outlined in the SUBWAY Operations Manual
- Account for all forms of money, bread, etc. during the shift
- Understand and adhere to proper food handling, safety and sanitisation standards while preparing food, serving food, and cleaning up
- Perform light paperwork duties as assigned
- Ensure that all food is prepared with due care and attention, particularly in regard to customers special dietary requirements: for example, nut, dairy or wheat allergies
- Organise any special function as required, some of which may occur outside of normal working hours
- Take all necessary steps to ensure maximum security of the Subway, kitchen, store, office, safe and monies and any other areas under the Sodexos control.
The Ideal Candidate
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Previous catering experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff at all levels
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to achieve and set standards and operate to performance criteria, with particular regard to hygiene
- Sense of own initiative
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Previous experience of catering management
- Computer literacy
- Good standard of financial acumen
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.