Senior Programme Management Office Lead
The DWP CAPEX Programme is a significant programme of Capex works that need to be undertaken over the next 3-5 years at multiple locations across England and Wales, including: Birmingham; Bristol; Hastings and Cardiff, together with a number of projects at other locations. In addition to the property works required, there is a significant amount of people and digital (IT) change to be undertaken to enable workplace transformation at many of these locations. The People and Digital related activities are being undertaken and delivered by DWP teams however their activities will need to be co-ordinated and reported by the Sodexo Capex Programme team. Each of these projects will range from c£1m-10m in value, and require significant senior stakeholder engagement.
The scope of the property works required will differ from project to project, however will cover the full end-to-end process, including: acquisition; planning & design (including workplace transformation); fit-out; people / business relocations, decommission and asset disposal.
The scope of the Digital works will include IT infrastructure design and fitout, desktop and peripherals installation and IT decommission activities at the exit properties. The works will be procured and delivered by the DWP Digital Team and their nominated supply chain, however their activities will need to be co-ordinated and reported by the Sodexo Capex Programme team.
The scope of the People activities will include staff consultation and communications; TU engagement and management of the associated change activities, however these activities will need to be co-ordinated and reported by the Sodexo Capex Programme team.
Develop processes, procedures and good working practices to support the development of the wider programme management team.
- Day-to-day accountability for the CAPEX Programme PMO
- Ensure the successful implementation of the PMO’s strategy, responsibilities, services and deliverables.
- Ensure the necessary reporting and assistance the CAPEX Programme Director to report to the senior stakeholder via both the CAPEX Programme Steering Group and other ad-hoc requests that are received.
- Establish frameworks and standards for CAPEX project programme management.
- Manage and compile programme related financial and KPI information.
- Oversee project costs and ensure finances are well managed.
- Provide and maintain capacity planning and resource tracking across the programme.
- Update and maintain the RAID Log.
- Work with DWP Finance teams to provide financial reporting.
- Ensure cross programme (LCW / CAPEX) dependencies are managed and accurately maintained.
- Line manage PMO staff, as required.
- Build cohesion within the PMO team and motivate them to produce quality work.
- Prepare regular status reporting to all levels of the project organization.
- Ensure efficient change control.
- Provide project planning and milestone management.
- Define and embed project controls and governance.
- Work with the Finance Business Partner to support in the production of financial trackers and reporting
- Support in the coordination and collation of business case inputs, e.g. Building Assessment Report inputs, as required by the Finance Business Partner
- Include financial reports in CAPEX Programme Steering Group meeting pack
- Ensure that project information and documentation is securely stored on the agreed systems and is easily accessible by users.
- Ensure timely and accurate provision and sharing of information.
The Ideal Candidate
The Sodexo CAPEX PMO Lead role requires excellent people, organisation, communication and financial management skills coupled with strong project management skills to ensure the integrity of the individual projects that are within the scope of the CAPEX Programme. The individual will need to have credibility within the CAPEX Programme Steering Group and wider CAPEX Programme. They will need to be able to influence others and to develop and maintain robust relationships with all members of the CAPEX Programme team and wider Sodexo and DWP staff.
Competitive salary of up to £41,200 plus additional benefits including pension and 20 days holiday as standard.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a flexible benefits scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs which includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave to name but a few.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.