Senior Global Category Manager
Ready to go global… We’re looking for an ambitious Senior Category Manager to become part of our Global Supply Management team who are responsible for negotiating, governing and reviewing over 160 global contracts. This will be a challenging role, not for the faint hearted, with ambitious cost savings and efficiencies to be met whilst meeting social and corporate responsibilities as part of our ethical sourcing model.
You may have procured for a Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) or Food manufacturing organization, but either way you’ll be an experienced procurement professional with category expertise in Foodservice packaging ranges and/or Disposable Paper categories able to handle yourself at a global level. As a skilled negotiator you’ll able to adapt your approach to accommodate different cultures and be highly influential to ensure buy in from Senior Segment leads and country procurements teams.
You’ll base yourself in our Stevenage office, be happy to work a day a week from home but also enjoy traveling the world as you’ll spend approximately 6-8 weeks per annum working across our regions which includes the USA, Europe, Asia and South America. Although you’ll be working independently in your individual category’s, you’ll work closely with the other Senior Global Category Managers and link into each other when it comes to supplier business reviews and regional relationships and you’ll be working towards the same strategic goals. You’ll each have the authority and autonomy in your category and operate on a truly global basis.
With the recent appointment of our new Global Chief Procurement Officer this is the time to join our Supply Management team which is transforming and gaining significant notability within Sodexo. You’ll be stretched and challenged in this role to ensure you perform at the highest levels but with this comes substantial opportunity to develop and further your career.
- Design and implement category strategies which significantly improve the commercial performance at a group and regional level whilst maintaining compliance to company policy and standards and mitigating risk
- Engage the different regions for active collaboration in the development of categories globally
- Build a strong network within the Supply Management organisation in the regions
- Lead cross functional project teams with joint accountability for technical and quality performance
- Consider the differences between geographies and business needs in a diverse and international context and embed in category solutions developed
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven international experience in Buying / Category Management
- Strong knowledge of Foodservice categories including Disposable supplies such as Paper supplies and Foodservice packaging, as well as Heavy and Light Kitchen Equipment
- Amazing stakeholder engagement skills, a team player who can communicate and influence across all business levels
- Strong financial acumen and results orientated with a proven track record in global contract negotiation and delivering value to an organisation
- Graduate caliber at 2:1 or above
Where we can be flexible
- Experience and knowledge in other Foodservice or FM categories
- Currently or working towards CIPS/ISM or equivalent qualification
About the Company
Globally Sodexo is the 18th largest employer with operations in 72 countries globally and a turnover of €20Bn.
We are 460,000 people touching the lives of 100 million consumers on a daily basis. From dietitians, healthcare workers and receptionists to electricians, senior care providers and cooks, we seek to make every day a better day. Working in our more than 100 professions, we share a passion for serving others.
We offer our clients services that make life better for their employees and consumers. Our teams make the places where people work more comfortable and friendly. Our chefs add flavor at mealtimes. Our specialists keep hospital rooms spotless to help patients heal. Our solutions make it easier to manage business expenses. We work to improve quality of life, helping people to be more satisfied and productive. By contributing to individual well-being, we help clients enhance the performance of their organizations.