Senior Global Category Buyer (Facilities Management)
An exciting opportunity to join Sodexo’s Global Supply Management team based at our London / Stevenage office has arisen.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Global Category Buyer with Facilities Management experience to work closely with key internal stakeholders and a wide range of global suppliers, driving best practice and value from the supply chain. You’ll be responsible for identifying global procurement strategy within your appointed categories and negotiating best deals worldwide.
- Design and implement category strategies which significantly improve the commercial performance at a group and regional level whilst maintaining compliance to company policy and standards and mitigating risk
- Engage the different regions for active collaboration in the development of categories globally
- Build a strong network within the Supply Management organisation in the regions
- Lead cross functional project teams with joint accountability for technical and quality performance
- Consider the differences between geographies and business needs in a diverse and international context and embed in category solutions developed
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven international experience in Buying / Category Management
- Strong knowledge of Soft FM (specifically Security (Guarding & Equipment), Laundry services, Cleaning services and equipment, Pest Control etc) with Hard FM knowledge as an additional benefit
- Graduate caliber and working towards CIPS/ISM or equivalent qualification
- Proven-track record in Global contract negotiation
- Strong presentation skills both verbally and written
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and management skills
- Team player with excellent communication and influencing skills
- Financial acumen and result orientated
- Ability to influence, manage and deliver change
- Ability in working in a multi-cultural and matrix environment
- Flexible for international travel where required
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.