Senior Finance Manager
An exciting opportunity for a Senior Finance Manager to join our team at Bateaux London has arisen. As a member of the management team for this prestigious London venue, the successful candidate will be an operationally focused, robust finance professional who can deliver a rigorous control environment, provide insight driven reporting and act as an effective business partner to the operational teams.
This role is primarily based at Bateaux London (near Embankment station), however occasional travel to other sites may be required.
For many years, Bateaux London has delighted its guests with elegant restaurant cruises on the River Thames.
Today, Bateaux London has three floating restaurants; Glass Room, River Room and Willow Room. Glass Room and River Room set sail from Victoria Embankment. Guests can watch the heart of London unfold as they journey along the Thames while enjoying modern contemporary food, freshly prepared onboard.
For more information on the company see Careers in Sports and Leisure
- Production of accurate and timely management accounts with evidence to support variances in expected results
- Accurate, timely and frequent reporting of the financial performance of the contract
- Demonstrate accountability & reconciliation of revenue / bank account / deposit IT systems
- Along with operation leads, compile, understand, challenge and review P&L forecasts and budgets as required
- Establishing effective relationships with operational heads of department to maximise influencing ability, ensure operational teams have a robust understanding of their financial responsibility, and the impact their decisions have
- Demonstration of understanding contract key drivers through improved reporting
- Conducting and conclude any audit activity and delivery of action plans
- Management of the control environment (process & procedures)
- Motivating and engaging the local finance teams and ensuring they are fully connected to other site-based departments
- Active member of the senior finance team within the Sports & Leisure segment
The Ideal Candidate
Experience and Qualifications
- Part or fully qualified accountant, or qualified by experience
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills with experience in management accounts and reporting developments
- Desirable to have good working knowledge of SAP and Essbase or other large accounting systems
- Experience in operational and financial controls and continuous improvement of such
- Desirable to have knowledge of a high-volume retail and cash environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership of team members
- Clearly identifiable influencing skills
- Relationship Management - is effective at building and maintaining win-win business partner relationships internally and with clients
- Resilience - sustains momentum when faced with challenges. Balances competing demands and responds well to changed priorities
- Impact and Influence - communicates effectively and inspires people at all levels
- Planning and organisation – consistently completes deliverables within deadline, within budget, and beyond expected quality, even under time pressured conditions
Up to £40,000 + flexible benefit fund + bonus
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.