Senior Category Manager (Hard FM Buying/Procurement)
As Senior Category Manager withHard FM expertise, you'll have responsibility for managing a technical services spend portfolio of circa 100m of which is in 15% YOY growth.
Your key categories include; Mobile mechanical & electrical, HVAC (air condition),building systems maintenance, Fire and security, lift maintenance, catering equipment maintenance.
An excellent opportunity for you to showcase your FM expertise in the above categories in addition to demonstrating yourauthentic leadership.
If you are a high performer with high potential, there will be long term career success, we have many colleagues with success stories who have joined in this business area and have gone on to further develop/promotion.
Exciting projects and additional responsibility includes:
- Deployingthe hard FM strategy into the business
- FormulatingCategory plans
- Improvingthe tender process for technical service categories
- Supporting the alignment with global procurement teams
Service Operations is the part of our business that supports segment development by providing expertise and process standardisation across all segments. Service Operations leverages our global expertise and best practice to bring the best of Sodexo to all of our clients. It includes everything from FM expertise to food development through to bid support, health and safety, and contract design and management.
- Lead a sourcing strategy across the UK & ROI covering both technical and quality requirements for the service line requirements
Category management of the assigned categories within the scope of responsibility; design and Implement category strategies which significantly improve the commercial performance at a regional level whilst maintaining compliance to company policy and standards and mitigating all risk
- Drive efficiency and commercial competitiveness for the UK & I
- Manage alignment with global supply management buying teams
- Ensure your team are motivated, engaged and getting the most from their role
*please see attached job description for further detail
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong and comprehensive experience in Buying / Category Management Hard FM*
- Proven team leadership with experience of managing high performing large scale teams highly desirable
- Proven-track record in complex contract negotiation
- Ability in working in a multi-cultural and matrix environment
- Excellent external networking capabilities and presentation skills
- Effective communication and influencing skills
- Financial acumen and result orientated with ability to present results in a structured and professional manner
- Strong project management skills
- Graduate calibre with CIPS/ISM or equivalent qualification preferred
- Fluency in English; French / Spanish desirable .
- Flexible for international travel where necessary
*FM Hard FM - additional
- Experience of Pharma, Heath or Public Sector FM Operations
- Experience in specific Hard FM sub categories e.g. Lifts, Fire and Security, Water treatment, electrical wholesalers
- Experience of procuring sub-contractors across Hard FM
- Knowledge of Construction and Civils project works procurement methodologies
Competitive salary + benefits including car/car allowance, bonus, pension, flexible benefits scheme etc
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs whichincludes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave to name but a few.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promotingdiscounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.