Senior Business Development Manager
As part of our ever growing sales team the successful candidate will contribute to the Defence & Government Service’s Growth and Diversification Strategy through design, development and delivery of business solutions that lead to winning profitable contracts.
- Direct line management responsibility for Business Development Managers and Sales Admin; provide clear direction through objective setting; compensation structure and strategy sub-planning; provide coaching and support to optimise the learning needs of the team in line with growth targets
- Lead on designated aspects of the segment strategic growth and diversification strategy as defined by the team Directorate
- Co-ordinate and manage bid preparation activity – design and development of service solutions in line with Commissioning Authority requirements and solutions that are congruent with Sodexo Sales Cycle and bidding requirements: Right Client, Right Terms
- Develop effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Undertake bid management responsibilities as defined by the team Directorate, and in particular maintain oversight of the team activity; co-ordinating communications of which to the Director
- Undertake research and analysis of areas within your responsibility, publish and communicate findings within Defence & Government Services as appropriate
- Keep updated on operational developments; business development and sales activity including personal development strategies that will maintain excellent level of output and bid success
- Undertake project activity as designated by line manager – pertinent to enhancing our segment knowledge & understanding of the industry, our corporate profile and in increasing opportunities for winning new business
- Maintain excellent working relationships with Business Support Team, SMEs, Service Operations and Operational colleagues
The Ideal Candidate
- Graduate calibre and/or related industry, professional qualification
- Experience of designing and implementing business solutions that inform delivery models for new and existing areas of our business
- Good working knowledge of office platforms and general database and software packages e.g. client management systems; project management tools etc.
- Outstanding writing, editing and verbal communication
- Ability to lead and co-ordinate the activity of others in achieving end goal
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Although a full-time (Monday to Friday) role, ability to flex working pattern to meet business demands is essential
- Participate in all learning and development opportunities to enhance skills and overall contribution to the organisation
- Work on own initiative, optimising time and efforts to develop self and business
- Show high level of commitment and initiative to ensure winning submissions, and in developing relationships with others; networking and creation of new relationships, optimising existing
- Maximise specialisms to the benefit of the business through working with others, building their capacity and skillset in your area of expertise
- Ability to work flexibly to best achieve growth for the segment – functionally/thematically
- Meet, or where necessary work towards personal development plan aligned to Sodexo’s sales competency framework
Competitive salary plus benefits including pension, bonus, car allowance and a flexible benefits fund of £1,300.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a flexible benefits scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs which includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave to name but a few.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.