Senior Business Analyst (Finance)
As Senior Business Analyst reporting to the Head of Finance, you'll scope and build advanced analytical models and reports to enable the business to effectively identify and deliver efficiencies, and benchmark retail productivity and margins.
We're seeking one of the rare few Analysts who are able to interrogate data to provide insight, using your effective interpersonal approach to articulate what the numbers mean, bringing to life for our non-finance colleagues.
A proven coach and influencer with a continuous improvement mind-set, this is an excellent opportunity to join the Defence and Government team in this newly scoped role where you can contribute to deliver a number of initiatives in our growth plan this year and in the future.
Able to work autonomously but there will also be times when you'll need to truly collaborate, as there will be interaction with colleagues from many different areas including finance, operations, retail teams and our internal service operations platform.
Sodexo has been providing services that improve the Quality of Life for Army, Royal Navy and Royal Air Force personnel and their families for over 30 years. As a key partner to the Ministry of Defence, we deliver infrastructure, facilities management and catering, retail and leisure services at military bases across the UK, in Cyprus and the Falkland Islands. We are dedicated to best quality as well as cost-efficiency in the delivery of our services to the armed forces community. We’re proud that our work has a significant bearing on morale, retention and recruitment.
We also operate in both Central and Local Government, and associated Agencies, our wealth of experience means we are able to transfer best practices from the corporate sector to create better working environments in the public sector through our Government Services segment.
- Business partner to segment Finance, Retail, Marketing and Operations teams
- Identify key stake holder reporting requirements and scope a suite of reporting that will enable benchmarking, retail margin and labour analysis and insight to improve contract financial performance
- Prepare executive level board reports that outline key messages from the reports, evaluate performance against business objectives and suggest improvements
- Define standard KPI reporting to assist with profit improvement in low performing contracts and track performance
- Liaise with Service Operations analysts in identifying inflation trends and communicate regional initiatives from the food platform into the segment
- Support the retail teams in assessing impact of menu changes, tariff increases, new offer introductions and the payback of marketing and capital investments
- Introduce new budgeting and forecasting tools to facilitate clear and accurate future planning and identify and mitigate risks
- Champion improvements and enhancements to monthly reporting using analytical tools to develop real time reporting
- Promote the use of digital technology and partner with the business in the application of these tools
*please see attached job description for further details
The Ideal Candidate
- Exceptional analytical skills with ability to collate and interrogate multiple data streams using complex macros and data mining techniques. Experience of putting forward actionable recommendations to senior management based on analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, orally and in writing, with all levels of staff, including Segment leadership members and Group level executives.
- Ability to work under pressure; think clearly and act decisively, flexible with respect to hours worked
- Proven track record of business partnering to drive change
- Excellent attention to detail
- Advanced Excel and strong PowerPoint skills
- Experience of working within a Retail environment
- Facilities Management and / or Catering background
- Knowledge of Financial Systems/ Tools including SAP, Hyperion and OBI and EPOS systems
- Interest in digital technology and use of analytical tools to develop real time reporting
- Qualified accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA)
- Statistics degree
Competitive salary of £47,000 - £54,500 DOE plus benefits including pension, bonus and flexible benefits.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a flexible benefits scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs which includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave to name but a few.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.