Bid Writer/Trainee Business Development Manager
As principal Bid Writer within our Schools and Universities segment, you will work on tender opportunities with the business development team, producing high quality compelling written material that clearly articulates the benefits of the Sodexo proposition. The role is intended to be exclusively focused on the generation of high quality written tender material for catering and facilities management contracts within Independent Schools, Government Schools, Universities and Student Accommodation.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Bid Writer to showcase exceptional writing capability; ensuring written responses are articulated to a high standard in order to achieve our strategic growth plans.
Find out more about our Schools and Universities segment:
- Produce high quality written proposal content that professionally articulates the benefit of Sodexo’s solution for catering and facilities management contracts.
- Work with a dedicated business development team to develop and retain Sodexo business by advising on how to make bids more compelling and attractive, re-writing a range of written materials and supporting with attendance to meetings and site visits.
- Proactively and confidently liaise and network with key internal colleagues and subject matter experts to obtain key information and to ensure bid content is accurate and attractive, utilising industry insight and competitor trends to ensure bids are market leading.
*Please see attached job description for further details
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent bid writing skills with strong focus on attention to detail and proven track record of successfully delivering multiple projects on time
- Experience in working with senior management to manage delivery of timelines and outputs
- Proven capacity to effectively contribute to large scale bid packages and at times, multiple bids
- Demonstrated achievement in the design and implementation of tender documents
- Strong organisational skills and ability to manage complex tenders, precise scheduling and multiple and shifting priorities.
- Excellent proficiency in MS Office packages including Word
- Experience of working in a similar business environment or educational environment is desirable e.g. Contract Caterer, Facilities Management Provider, School or University
- Understanding of government procurement processes
- Ability to work with InDesign desktop publishing software
Plus bonus scheme, flexible benefits fund and access to a range of corporate benefits and high street incentives.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.