Semi Skilled Maintenance Operative
HMP Addiewell are currently recruiting for 2 Semi Skilled Maintenance Operatives on 6 months fixed term contracts.
You will carry out cyclical Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedules to pre-set time scales and standards as deemed relevant for skill level and competence.
We have an effective prisoner peer support model, in which prisoners assist staff in the delivery of classes, programmes and activities becoming positive role models for others.HM Prison Addiewell is a high security prison, with a focus on enabling those in its care to change their life pathway. We have a strong and concerted focus on supporting prisoners to address their offending behaviour through delivery of programmes and working with a range of professionals including prison custody officers. We deliver relevant skills via training and employment and work with all areas of the wider community to ensure that prisoners have the best possible chance of leading positive lives following release.
Addiewell opened in 2008 and has become an integral part of the Scottish Prison Service estate earning much praise for our innovation, use of technology, strong partnership working as well as our “can do” culture.
For more information on working in Justice within Sodexo please see Careers in Justice
- Carry out cyclical Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedules to pre-set time scales and standards as deemed relevant for skill level and competence.
- Assist other maintenance staff within the post holders competence and expertise.
- Carry out bio-hazard clean up processes as required with relevant training.
- Carry out reactive repairs where relevant to ensure accommodation is maintained to agreed standards.
- Carry out preparatory clear up work before and after any major projects.
- Assist with all other works duties during any major incident or emergency where applicable.
- Operate all inclement weather Ice and Snow clearing equipment and participate within the establishment’s Winter emergency “On Call response team. Carry mobile phone for response.
- Take part in specialist training procedures and processes relevant to duties such as Working at Height, Mobile Access Platform, BICS cleaning, etc.
The Ideal Candidate
- Good organisational skills
- Demonstrable previous experience in a similar role
- Microsoft Office competent
- Good understanding of Health of Safety in the workplace
- Experience of working within a secure environment
£23,877 pro-rated plus excellent benefits (including free meals and parking, group discount schemes and pension with 28 days holiday - pro-rated)
2 positions available on 6 months fixed term contracts.
Additional shifts may be required in the event of operational necessity and emergency and will be placed on an out of hours on call rota.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 3 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.