We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Security Supervisor to be responsible for the efficient and effective day to day security and car park management at the King George Hospital, Ilford.
You will provide a safe and secure environment, leaving people with a good impression of the site security service.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).
- Supervise on a daily basis the effective operation of the security service
- Train newly appointed security officers in the car parking system and ensure on-going training for current staff is completed
- Prioritise tasks and respond to ad hoc requests relating to the car parking service
- Respond immediately to intruder/panic/fire and infant abduction alarms upon activation
- Attend any major incidents as required
- Undertake dedicated security car park patrols
- Ensure vehicles are correctly parked and where appropriate ensure that vehicles have valid pay and display tickets or valid disabled badge
- Undertake dedicated patrols of the car parks to provide a visible deterrent.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience in security
- Be able to develop and build good client and customer relationships
- Ability to respond to a variety of needs and work pressures created by colleagues and members of the public including rapid response emergencies
- Good knowledge of health and safety
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of confidentiality issues
- Ability to write accurate, legible operational logs, security reports and statements
- Security experience in a Healthcare environment
£10.00 per hour rising to £10.50 upon successful completion of 90 day probation period
Weekly working hours are 36.75 on average, 24/7 roster including day and night shifts
Shifts are 7am-7pm and 7pm-7am.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.