Security Officer/Weighbridge Operative
We currently have an opportunity for a Security Officer - Weighbridge Operative to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
Main duties will include
- Enforcement of the site rules and standards including Housekeeping, Security and Health & Safety to visitors and occupants.
- Provide high levels of customer service to contractors, visitors and occupants of the site.
- Access control (Visitors/Contractors/Deliveries)
- Carry out Stop and Search, (Vehicle/Personnel)
- CCTV Monitoring.
- CCTV routine operations.
- Weighbridge operations
- Checking materials leaving site is correctly authorised.
- Control entry to site vehicles and pedestrians
- Emergency Rules followed in accordance to the security function
- Emergency situations dealt with and reported through to the relevant stakeholders
- Investigate thefts and send reports to the relevant stakeholders
- Inspection of fence line and general site surroundings on a regular basis
- Lone workers monitoring.
- Maintenance of records and log books
- Follow assignment instructions
- Monitoring of site plant, intruder & fire alarms.
- Operation of site communication equipment.
- Opening and monitoring of all gates.
- Police liaison.
- Site Patrolling and reporting.
- Unlock and lock of ad hoc areas when requested.
- Use of fire extinguishers when required.
The Ideal Candidate
- SIA Security Officer License
- Full Driving License
- First Aid Qualified
- AED Qualified
- Computer Literate
- Good computer skills
- Excellent communication at all levels
- Pro-active attitude
- Good customer service record
Full Uniform & PPE
About the Company
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.