- To remain alert and vigilant for intruders.
- To respond to any calls for assistance and co-ordinate any incident with relevant shift manager/responsible person(s). (Includes contacting the emergency services via ADT).
- To act as site key holders.
- Patrolling your premises to prevent or detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- To document all incidents and occurrences in the Daily Occurrence Book.
- To provide written reports and witness statements to the Police if required.
- To attend Magistrate or Crown court to give evidence if required.
- To enforce Sodexo and Nestle policies and procedures.
- To monitor the CCTV system, access control system and fire alarm system.
- Conduct staff and vehicle searches where required.
- Control access and egress to site for both vehicles and pedestrians.
- To ensure vehicles are correctly parked throughout the site.
- Support any incident involving (or possibility of) violence and/or aggression.
- Control the issuing of site access cards ensuring only permitted access is allowed.
- Conduct swipe card access checks and report to Nestle weekly as required
- Handle external and internal calls in a timely manner
- Receive/handle deliveries/post and distribute internally as appropriate
- Franking of mail
- Manage fire alarm systems.
- Operate on-site weighbridge system and corresponding documentation.
- Conduct site inductions
- General administration duties as required
- Advising site contacts when visitors are on site
The Ideal Candidate
- Clear & concise written work including report writing
- Good Analytical skills
- Methodical and thorough approach to work maintaining attention to detail
- Able to prioritise workloads & manage time efficiently and effectively
- Data management & input
- Organised & able to use initiative
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and customers
- Competent with different types of operational systems
- Any candidate must understand and thrive on working in a customer focused environment
- This role requires a high level of energy, drive and resilience as well as an ability to do things at pace without loss of accuracy
- High personal standards
- Able to proactively plan training activity / events and mitigate potential barriers to success
- Strong interactive communication skills
- To be able to develop and build good client & customer relationships- Essential
- Customer service focused with exceptional communication skills- Essential
- To be able to respond to a variety of needs and work pressures- Essential
- A knowledge of health and safety- Essential
- Smart and presentable- Essential
- To be physically fit and capable of conducting manual various handling tasks- essential
- Valid SIA license- Essential
- To be able to show flexibility with regards to work patterns
- Knowledge and understanding of confidentiality issues- Essential
- All employees are expected to adhere to Sodexo health and safety regulations and Equal opportunity regulations - Essential
- To be able to write accurate and legible logs, security reports and statements- Essential
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.