We currently have an opportunity for a Security Officer to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
As a Security Officer you could be responsible for:
• Monitoring of CCTV, Access Control and other protective systems, and act as a first line response to activations & incidents or fault reporting
• To log and transfer calls, relay messages and provide guidance and advice to visitors, clients, contractors and staff
• Control of the key press and issuing of keys
• Compile accurate incident reports where appropriate and requested
• To carry out regular patrols throughout the shift
• Ensuring buildings, valuables or people are safe and secure
• Supervising the door for a large organization
• Allocating visitor car parking spaces
• Health and Safety and Evacuation procedures
• Driving vehicles as and when required
• Ad-hoc support for our security operations
The Ideal Candidate
• Ability to interact with employees, contractors, consultants, visitors, and management as well as local police and fire authorities
• A full current driving licence
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent awareness skills
• Experience in working in a similar role
• A SIA Licence – Manned Guarding Licence, SIA Licence holder – CCTV
• Knowledge of security techniques
• Knowledge of site and local emergency procedures
Working full time on an average 44 hours per week.
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.