We currently have an opportunity for a Security Officer to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
As a Security Officer you could be responsible for:
- Ad-hoc support for our security operations
- Ensuring buildings, valuables or people are safe and secure
- Patrolling, securing and monitoring premises, sometimes with the aid of closed circuit television (CCTV)
- Supervising the door for a large organisation
- Guarding cash or other valuables in transit in a security vehicle
- Driving vehicles as and when required
- Health and Safety and Evacuation procedures
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- A full current driving licence
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent awareness skills
- Experience in working in a similar role
- A SIA Licence holder – Manned Guarding Licence, SIA Licence holder – CCTV desirable
- Knowledge of security techniques
- Knowledge of site and local emergency procedures
- We currently have Security Officer opportunities:
- ESSENTIAL requirements include: CCTV licenced AND SIA licenced
- Full UK driving licence, preferably clean, is also essential.
- For insurance purposes all drivers must meet the following requirements:
- be over 25 years of age and
- have relevant driving experience of at least 2 years
- Working day and night shifts:
- on a 4 on 4 off rota
- night shift: 18.30 - 06.30 and
- day shift: 06.30 - 18.30
- Working within a team to provide security to our Clients, customers and contractors in a large manufacturing site, applicants must be confident to work on their own or as part of a team
- Excellent command of the English language is required both oral and written to ensure we continue to provide our Clients and customers with an excellent level of customer care and service
- Excellent IT skills with previous experience using Micro Office software packages including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- A smart and professional appearance is required
- In addition we require our staff to be versatile and flexible to meet the needs of our Clients and customers
- Previous experience working in a similar site / environment would be advantageous.
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.