We are currently looking to recruitexperienced Security Operatives to provide a security and car park service at ourCentral Manchester Healthcare site.
The Royal Infirmary comprises five hospitals on a single, 22 acre site, including the largest childrens hospital in Europe. The site is the largest Private Finance Initiative in healthcare in the country,in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contracts.
If you have a strong security background, are confident, enthusiastic and flexible to meet business requirements this is a fantastic opportunity for you!
- Provide a high quality service to customers at all times in line with Sodexo work instructions
- Collect and escort money or other valuables on-site
- Patrol the site and check security investigate any problems as required
- Maintain accurate records and write reports when required for the police or courts
- Deal with any incident or occurrence in accordance with the site specific assignment instructions and to report such incidents promptly as per Trust/Sodexo reporting procedures
- Ensure that all check calls are made as per assignment instructions
- Diligently take and hand over every duty shift. Ensure that all site equipment is signed for on each shift changeover
- Conduct all patrols diligently, in full in accordance with the site assignment instructions
- Use the CCTV cameras as instructed and in line with the current codes of practice as set by the Data Commissioner.
- The Trust has a zero tolerance to violence you and your colleagues would assist in moderating behaviour of those on the site. You will receive training on dealing with physical intervention in a Healthcare and Mental Health environment.
The Ideal Candidate
- Good communication skills ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors, colleagues, clients
- Experience of working in a car parking and security service
- Proven experience of working with Police
- Knowledge of relevant legislation governing security and car parking
- Ability to develop and build good client & customer relationships
- Ability to respond to a variety of needs and work pressures created by colleagues and members of the public including rapid response emergencies
- Knowledge and understanding of confidentiality issues
- SIA registered
Flexibility is a must; all roles work a rotational shift (16 weeks) of four day shifts 07:00/19:00, four off, four night shifts 19:00/07:00 and four off.
The hourly rate is 8.01 and always paid weekly for an average 42 hour week.
The Trust has a zero tolerance to violence. You and your colleagues would assist in moderating behaviour of those on the site. You will receive training on dealing with physical intervention in a Healthcare and Mental Health environment.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.