Security Officer - Night Shift
We currently have an opportunity for aSecurity Officerto join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Be professional, pleasant, friendly, courteous and helpful at all times whilst carrying out duties to the highest levels.
- To ensure exemplary standards in personal grooming, strictly adhering to the site uniform requirements.
- To deal efficiently and effectively with emergencies including fire and bomb scares ensuring the customers are kept fully informed at all times.
- Provide assistance to third party contractors / visitors ensuring all site procedures / policies are adhered too.
- To liaise closely with statutory authorities, dealing with incidents and the provision of information.
- Maintain continuous monitoring of site radio systems adhering to correct radio procedures at all times.
- Diligent management and maintenance of site records / reference materials including Health & Safety records, Incident Forms and the site occurrence book
- To provide regular liaison and timely feedback to the management team on all aspects of service delivery, implementing effective solutions and corrective action to enhance the service.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required to meet the needs of the business
- Ensure a timely response to all security issues and events.
- To develop excellent working relationships with our on site customers
The Ideal Candidate
- SIA Front Line Guarding Licence
- Professional or further qualification in Security Management.
To work as part of a team to provide a safe and secure environment for residents, staff and general public. Be central contact for resident enquiries. Key control, post & parcel collection, arrivals and departures. Where appropriate attend to soft maintenance requests and ground maintenance, cleaning and first line emergency response. The post holder must hold a valid SIA Licence.
Maintain the tidiness of the site area. Carry out some cleaning tasks on a daily week basis and periodic one off tasks to the standard detailed within the standards manual.
Have a good working knowledge of the site.
Act as first point of contact (after training)
Respond to emergency situations i.e. fire alarms
Work to and comply with "lone workers" standards of operation
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support exforces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.