We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Second Chef to join our busy team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To deputise for the Head chef in their absence.
- Assist with staff rosters and allocation of work details.
- Assist the Mess Manager in the ordering, control and correct storage of food stuffs.
- Reporting of defects to the Catering Manager.
- To maintain and manage the required high operational and personal standard of hygiene and presentation within the team at all times in compliance with the Food Safety Act.
- Compliance by you and your team to the Health and Safety Act and COSHH regulations.
- Ensure that the team adhere to the correct disposal and storage of all food items as directed by the Catering Manager.
- Ensure and monitor that the team are accurately taking and recording temperatures of fridges and freezers, hot cabinets, serveries in line with Sodexoâs Safety Management System (SMS).
- To ensure that all foods served under your control are served and held at the required temperatures (probed and recorded).
- Ensure that the kitchen area that you are working in is clean and hygienic at all times.
- Ensure that the handing over procedures and opening up /closing down procedures are complied to, with emphasis on safety and security.
- To continue to develop own skills / knowledge within the position.
The Ideal Candidate
- Must have one of the following qualifications or equivalent:- City and Guilds 706/1 and 2, NVQ level 2 and possess a basic level food safety certificate.
- Good numerical and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication.
- Knowledge of health & safety and food safety.
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment.
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards.
- IOSH and CIEH qualifications or equivalent.
- Proven track record of employment within the catering industry.
- Experience of working in a military environment.
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.