Scientific Facilities Operative (Logistics)
We currently have an opportunity for aScientific Facilities Operative (Logistics) to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Receive and process incoming goods (consumables and solvent) as required ensuring appropriate storage and labelling as required.
- Ensure that incoming deliveries and paperwork conforms to purchase orders and administrative requirements.
- Ensure that all received items are undamaged and examined appropriately according to safety and security requirements
- Operation of computerised databases and systems to ensure that reports are accurate and complete
- Drive and operate departmental and company vehicles as required once trained and competency checks undertaken
- To ensure regular checks of the equipment and machines used during the working day. Any faults/defects to be reported to Line Manager
- To ensure that all records are maintained in accordance with compliance guidelines and to provide data for monthly reports on performance and service delivery
- To report any non conformances, delays to Line Manager
- Ensure that all necessary databases and records are completed accurately to comply with regulatory and business requirements.
- Work to GxP practices where applicable
- To attend training sessions appertaining to the post and ensure this training is documented in your training file. Maintain own training file.
- To maintain a clean and tidy area at all times
- Carry out all requests and tasks in a helpful and professional manner, build relationships with key staff and consistently demonstrate a good customer service interface
- Adhere to all company & client policies, procedures, site rules and regulations
- Comply with all company & client procedures relating to Health & Safety & safe working practices
- To perform other reasonable duties as deemed necessary
The Ideal Candidate
- Good basic education
- Experience within the pharmaceutical/facilities industry
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of customers and multi-service team service personnel to achieve results
- Reasonable level of computer literacy. (knowledge of Microsoft Office software or software packages used would be an advantage)
- Self motivated and able to work with minimal supervision and able to work under pressure to balance conflicting deadlines
- Strong team player with a flexible approach and experience in a high quality customer service operation
- Service orientated attitude combined with innovative thinking
- A clean UK driving licence and ability to drive a 3.5 tonne Luton type vehicle
- Able to complete relevant paperwork according to principles of Good Documentation Practice
- Willingness to work outside, even during inclement weather
- A basic knowledge of COSHH and IOSH requirements
- Ability /qualification to drive a forklift/man-up truck
- Knowledge of Health and Safety within a logistics environment
- Experience of using hand-held scanning devices.
Free on site parking
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.