Scheduling Assistant (Part Time FTC/Secondment) - resource planning
As Scheduling Assistant, you'll provide comprehensive scheduling and coordination of Waking Night Cover service line within the Approved Premises (Probation Hostels), you'll support the Group Security Manager in the overall delivery of the control & relief security strategy
We operate in both central and local government.
Our wealth of experience means we are able to transfer best practices from the corporate sector to create better working environments in the public sector. We bring services that increase employee engagement, wellbeing and productivity to the public sector to help support government to deliver on its promised outcomes while reducing costs.
In a variety of other public services, including the emergency services, our goal is to improve service outcomes and reduce costs to the taxpayer.
- Schedule Waking Night (WN) service rotas, ensuring last minutes gaps/absences, as well as planned absences, such as annual leave, are covered by the deployment of appropriately trained personnel
- Co-ordinate and approve/decline annual leave requests based on cover requirements; to proactively encourage the reasonable use of annual leave throughout the ‘holiday year’ amongst colleagues
- Complete and submit UDC payroll forms/processes associated with scheduling the service, such as absences, overtime, annual leave etc
- Ensure all time/workforce management systems are kept appropriately up to date, in a pro-active manner, ensuring that new starters are given access to the system, and leavers are removed
- Monitor agency usage and ‘high demand cover’ areas, reporting back to the group security manager so that targeted recruitment can take place
- Liaise with our third-party service partners to ensure a quality support service is achieved, and report any non-conformances to the group security manager.
- Produce report summaries & management information
Full Job Description attached below
The Ideal Candidate
Initial 6 (possibly 12) months fixed term contract or secondment opportunity with line manager approval - 25 hours per week which varying shifts.
Competitive salary of £12,812 - £14,812 DOE + benefits including bonus, pension, starting holiday entitlement of 20 days + statutory (8) pro rata, flexible benefits scheme - able to 'buy' additional benefits through salary sacrifice
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a flexible benefits scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs which includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave to name but a few.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.