We currently have an opportunity for a Sandwich Artist to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
1. Prepares food neatly, accurately, and in a timely way.
2. Demonstrates a complete understanding of menu items and explains it to customers accurately. Exhibits a cheerful and helpful manner when dealing with all customers.
3. Checks products in sandwich unit area and restocks items to ensure a sufficient supply throughout the shift.
4. Cleans as directed.
5. Greets customers and prepares their orders, uses Point of Sale system/cash register to record the order and computes the amount of the bill, collects payment from customers and makes change.
6. Understands and adheres to all quality standards, formulas and procedures as outlined in the SUBWAY® Operations Manual.
7. Accounts for all forms of money, bread, etc. during the shift.
8. Understands and adheres to proper food handling, safety and sanitization standards while preparing food, serving food, and clean up.
10. Performs light paperwork duties as assigned.
11. Completes online coursework on the University of SUBWAY® as directed.
The Ideal Candidate
Education: Some high school or equivalent
Experience: Retail/customer service skills desirable. Ability to understand and implement written and verbal instruction.
Physical: Must be able to work any area of the restaurant when needed and to operate a computerized Point of Sale system/cash register.
Position requires bending, standing, lifting and being on your feet for the entire shift/workday.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support exforces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.